1) What role do you play at Automationtechies? What do your daily tasks include?
I am a remote recruiter working from my home office in the Dallas, TX area. My daily tasks include talking to candidates about job openings across the country and talking with clients about their hiring needs. Along with that goes hours of resume reading and networking to find quality candidates.
2) What do you do for fun when you’re not working?
I spend time with my kids which takes up most of my free time. I enjoy traveling, movies, running, and the arts.
3.What is your favorite meal/dish to eat?
Tex-Mex is probably my favorite but I also like pizza, seafood, and dark chocolate.
4) If you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings?
I would travel the world and share with my family and friends. I’ve always wanted to take an RV trip across the country and visit all the National Parks.
5) What is one random or weird fact about you that other people tend to find interesting?
My pig named Robert Redford won the Grand Champion trophy at the county 4-H fair.
6) What is one piece of advice you’d like to share with job seekers?
It’s important to customize your resume for each job opening especially if you have a wide variety of experience. Adding a brief description of each of the companies where you’ve worked is very helpful. The more you can tell us about your dream job, the easier it will be for us to find it for you.
7) What is one piece of advice you’d like to share with employers who are hiring?
Be prepared to conduct interviews and make decisions quickly. The window of opportunity to hire good engineers is short and the longer you wait, the more offers a good candidate will get.