Vice President Mechanical Construction
Remote, RT, USA
$150k - $250k DOE
VP of Mechanical Construction
Our client is a leading player in the industrial food and beverage sector. They are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Vice President of Mechanical Construction to report to the CEO and join their dynamic team. As a vital member of the leadership team, you will play a pivotal role in the planning, execution, and oversight of the mechanical construction projects.
As Vice President of Mechanical Construction, you will be responsible for driving the mechanical construction division, ensuring that projects are executed with the utmost precision, quality, and adherence to industry standards. This leadership position demands a wealth of experience in the industrial food and beverage sector, along with a proven track record of successful project management, team leadership, and strategic planning.
You will be responsible for the successful start-up and delivery of construction projects and construction management services for the company’s customers. This position will ensure that all project timelines are met, and all cost objectives are aligned. You’ll ensure the optimization of all resources to further develop company growth, vendor management, and process improvements while enhancing the internal team and external customer relationships.
This is a key leadership role in the organization. Are you interested? Contact us now!
Here are the qualifications to move forward:
• Project Management experience in mechanical services and construction.
• Understand mechanical engineering.
• Field experience coordinating with construction management.
• Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts. Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing and interpreting complex construction management contracts.
• Proficient using Excel spreadsheets and MS Project.
• Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
• Four-year Construction Science/Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 20 years of experience in mechanical construction within the industrial food and beverage industry, including at least 10 years in a senior leadership role.
• 20+ years end-to-end project management experience from initiation through launch and closure across construction projects of varying size and scope. Experience in the industrial facilities is highly preferred.
• Proven ability to build quality relationships with customers, stakeholders, architects, engineers, sub-contractors, and team members.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a professional, respectful, and positive presentation style. Ability to effectively interact with clients, internal teams, and external partners.
• Leadership Skills: Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor staff.
• Certifications: Professional certifications in construction or engineering are a plus.
Day to day project duties:
• Responsible for project initiation; including requirements gathering, scope definition, creation of budget and schedule, staffing, and strict review/implementation of construction management contracts.
• Day-to-day oversight of multiple construction projects and project teams throughout the US.
• Identify, monitor, and manage project issues and risks; mitigate and resolve these risks/issues in a timely manner.
• Visit job sites regularly and attend the contractor progress meetings as required to have working knowledge of current project status and issues.
• Provide technical write-ups and attend pre-bid meetings and walk throughs.
• Attend leadership meetings for entire pipeline of projects.
• Financial acumen: Review all budgets, schedule updates, and change orders before submission to the customer.
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing team to develop presentations for both RFPs and business development purposes.
• Meet with current and prospective customers to identify new business opportunities and areas in which the company could broaden and expand services.
• Develop and streamline a key database of project management and administrative subconsultants that will support the company’s current and future project delivery needs.
• Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents with overall field operations and project delivery.
• Provide required coverage for Project Managers and Superintendents on their sites when project coverage is necessary.
• Meet with customers to further understand their project management needs for current or future project pipeline.
• Travel is about 25% to projects across the US.
Day to day leadership duties:
• Work with the accounting department to resolve all invoicing and payment issues; this can include reviewing and approving all hourly time sheets.
• Contribute to process improvements and project management best practices.
• Ensure that all customers and employees are given the resources needed to achieve successful project delivery.
• Work closely with the human resources department and in-house recruitment team in reviewing, interviewing, and selecting prospective employees.
• Assist in-house recruitment team in identifying key vacancies and developing hiring strategies.
• Direct office management in developing and implementing key human resources policies for the company.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.