Sr. PLC Engineer
Remote, RT, USA
A thriving control systems integration and services company needs automation and controls engineers with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLC systems programming experience. Work a 2-weeks on, 2-weeks off schedule at their client sites in West Texas and New Mexico and potentially others. This position requires the installation and maintenance of PLC systems and other electronic automation equipment. This involves analyzing requirements for installation, commissioning and inspecting systems hardware and software, troubleshooting and resolving problems, and managing the customer’s needs over the life of the relationship. This position requires technical acumen, ability for critical analysis and attention to detail with an emphasis on solid computer skills.
Why work here?
- Work 2 weeks onsite at client’s facility, 2 weeks off at home (or work on other projects during 2 weeks off)
- Home base can be remote US or from the office the company office in Baton Rouge, LA
- Relocation assistance provided for move to Baton Rouge
- Generous paid time off policy, paid holidays
- Full benefits
- Growth potential
- Lead programming and configuration efforts on PLC platforms (Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Perform detailed functional tests on systems integrated from different vendors
- Perform specialized installation and troubleshooting tasks and to maintain configuration databases under minimum supervision
- Concept design for new PLC systems (centralized, decentralized, dual redundant, safety systems, etc.)
- PLC programming, testing, installation and commissioning as required
- Design of HMI and SCADA interface
- 8 years plus of experience programming PLC systems (Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available
- Must be willing to work a 2-week on, 2-week off, rotation to West Texas and /or New Mexico
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.