Sr. Automation Engineer – Hybrid
Raleigh, NC, USA
Enjoy the flexibility of this hybrid Senior Automation Engineer position! You will be designing, programming, and servicing automated controls systems for a variety of industrial clients in the Raleigh, NC area.
*** For this position you would need to live close to Raleigh, NC since you will be working on-site a lot of the time, home office the rest.***
- Design and program a variety of industrial process control systems that integrate new and existing hardware and software.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair customers’ control systems as required.
- Programming of PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, Servos, and VFDs.
- Understand UL 508A control panel construction and design requirements.
- Support sales by providing estimates controls hardware costs and labor hours for potential projects.
- Ensure compliance to NFPA 70E.
- Bachelors of Engineering degree or equivalent design and programming experience.
- 5+ years experience in automation engineering including hands on PLC programming.
- Familiarity with Google® Suite- including Sheets, Docs, Gmail, and Drive.
- At least 5+ years experience in related fields and successful demonstration of key responsibilities as described.
- Expertise with Rockwell PLC and FactoryTalk HMI platforms is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with other platforms such as Siemens, Schneider, Wonderware, and Intellution is beneficial.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment and with a variety of customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft® Office Suite is required.
- Familiarity with Google® Suite is beneficial.
- Familiarity with Power system design is beneficial.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting/design/configuration of machine-level Ethernet networks and managed switches.
- Understanding machine safety and safety circuit design categories are beneficial.
Travel may be required up to 20%.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.