Sr. Automation Engineer – Hardware
Cary, NC, USA
Hybrid opportunity with low overnight travel! Enjoy working for a growing industrial automation company that needs a Sr. Automation Hardware Engineer to work closely with customers and design hardware for industrial automation systems serving a variety of markets.
Reasons you should consider this opportunity:
- Profit sharing!
- Growing and diverse company!
- Excellent benefits!
- Enjoy working in a friendly and flexible work environment!
- Established client base!
- Company works on diverse projects from small to large
- Open culture, upper management is very accessible!
Senior Hardware Controls Engineer located in the Raleigh, NC area. As our customer’s business continues to grow with new industrial control customers serving a variety of markets, looking for strong technical leaders to help strengthen this team. We encourage you to apply if you are excited to work in industries such as food and beverage, grain, dairy, refrigeration, material, handling, and water treatment.
*** For this position you would need to live close to Raleigh, NC since you will be working a combination of on-site, home office and office. ***
The Hardware Controls Engineer needs to have the following:
- UL508A control panel hardware design.
- Knowledge and ability to specify, design and support hardware components for our industry.
- Strong understanding of electrical schematic design and CAD engineering.
- Ability to understand and interpret key technical and process information from customers and coworkers.
- Ability to autonomously generate engineering bills of material and quote scope, create CAD schematics and layouts, provide support of product manufacturing.
- Proven ability to work and collaborate in a fast-paced and multi-discipline work environment.
- Understanding of related electrical codes and standards, including UL508A, UL698A, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, ISO 13849
- Create customer quotes, engineering documents such as BOMs, CAD schematics, and layouts, and provide leadership and guidance to coworkers.
- Support and lead project kickoffs, design reviews, daily engineering support of manufacturing, daily installation, and aftermarket product life cycle.
- Required: Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent job-related experience in AutoCAD-based hardware design of UL 508A control panels, hardware process design, industrial equipment design, estimating direct customer interaction.
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical engineering-related field.
- AutoCAD Electrical design experience, controls PLC, and HMI programming experience are a plus.
- Previous experience with hardware selection for electrical systems is required, including ICP hardware design, power and control components, sensors, process equipment, networking, instrumentation, automation, and industrial controls.
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware automation and control platforms; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Schneider, Eaton or other industrial control panel components is required.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a solid working knowledge of most Microsoft® Office Suite and Google Suite programs.
- A successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-5 years of proven experience and can articulate how they successfully demonstrate the key responsibilities and requirements of this position.
- Ability to remain focused and proactive and anticipate changes in supporting normal business workflow and shifting technologies and an ever-evolving industry with our expanding customer base.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Local day-trip travel, domestic travel up to a few weeks per year.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.