Senior Mechanical Engineer
New Berlin, WI, USA
$85,000 - $115,000
Senior Mechanical Engineer – New Berlin, WI
Are you a skilled Mechanical Engineer with a passion for designing and developing complex automation machinery and robotic systems? Are you eager to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a collaborative team in the automation industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our client’s team as a Senior Mechanical Engineer!
Our client is at the forefront of industrial robot automation and is committed to delivering innovative solutions to our clients. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in conceptualizing, designing, and executing complex automation projects, driving their commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
Another big piece of this role is establishing standard procedures and processes for the team. Working collaboratively with leadership to set the foundation with best practices!
- Conceptualize and design highly complex automation machinery, robotic cells, and material handling systems from initial conceptualization to machine development using SolidWorks.
- Manage the scope of work for mechanical design on customized projects, ensuring effective performance of the work within cost and schedule parameters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support fabrication, testing, and installation activities to meet engineering design and customer specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in automation and equipment engineering practices, contributing to risk evaluation, functional composition, and interface management within the design team.
- Mentor and provide guidance to fellow team members, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented work environment.
- Ensure project commitments are met, including cost, schedule, function, performance, serviceability, and appearance.
- Deliver complete and accurate designs within allotted timelines.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET) preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of machine building experience and three (3) years of mechanical engineering experience in automation.
- Minimum one (1) year of 3D CAD design experience (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD Inventor, Pro/Engineer) with a focus on modeling and automation systems design.
- Strong precision machine design background and proficiency in SolidWorks preferred.
- Familiarity with project management methods, practices, and tools including scoping, facilitations, delegation, and risk management.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes such as machining, grinding, welding, hand assembly, and fasteners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with fixed and robotic assembly system concept development and design.
- Ability to create detailed drafts as required.
- Proven ability to work within cross-functional teams, handle multiple priorities, and meet scheduled milestones.
- Accurate estimation of effort required for design completion within given timelines and budget.
- Desire and capability to mentor and coach interns and other engineering partners.
- Demonstrated mechanical component and assembly design experience.
- Proficiency in creating drawing packages, electronic bills of materials, and engineering change orders.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills, within the annual base salary range.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development within a leading automation company.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
Note: The provided salary range is for reference purposes only and will be subject to candidate qualifications, experience, and other relevant factors.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.
Account Manager (Outside Sales)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Join a flourishing OEM in Los Angeles, offering remote work and unmatched flexibility. You'll have the autonomy to set your own schedule, manage appointments, and drive your career forward in the plastics industry.