Senior EI&C Engineer
Chattanooga, TN, USA
100000 - 120000
Our client is a global chemical manufacturer that prides itself on “Creating Tomorrow’s Solutions”. They are currently seeking a Senior EI&C Engineer for their Central Infrastructure team at their site near Chattanooga, TN.
Employees receive generous benefits that consider overall health and satisfaction, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off in addition to personal days and holidays
- Support for Community Involvement
- Bonus Plans
The Senior EI&C Engineer in Central Infrastructure performs a variety of electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering work to maintain and to continuously improve the performance of multiple utility and process units at this chemical plant. The main objective of this position is to provide engineering and technical services to operations and process units to assure safe operations, regulatory compliance and to maximize the availability and efficiency of these units. A thorough technical knowledge of field instrumentation, local and distributed control systems is required, knowledge of Fire alarm systems and/or electric power systems is a plus.
- Support and assist the Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls Engineering (E&IC) Manager to ensure safe operating conditions and regulatory compliance of production units
- Participate in the commissioning of new and modified production units
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of new equipment and new control loops
- Support the maintenance team in the execution of ITPM and maintenance, repair, and operation (MRO) activities as required
- Conduct and/or coordinate troubleshooting activities
- Become an expert capable of exercising E&IC engineering judgement with respect to the process areas of responsibility and assigned subject matters
Secondary Role Functions:
- Deputy for power supply tasks (Equipment operated with Voltage 480V and higher)
- Become specialist and subject matter expert in Fire alarm systems and fire protection systems
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation or Controls Engineering OR Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- 3+ years of professional experience in the field of E&IC plant engineering, maintenance, or project engineering. Suitable candidates with less professional experience can be considered in a case-by-case evaluation.
- Must be comfortable working in in office environment, but also able to work when needed in the field plant or construction site)
- Technical knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, and controls (EI&C) including relevant regulations, standards and codes
- Familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation/maintenance of 480V equipment, such as motors and motor control centers (MCCs)
- Preferred, but not required: Emerson Delta V, SAP EAM, Functional Safety, Comos
- Preferred knowledge in Fire Alarm Systems (Hardware and programming)
- Ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot system and process problems in collaboration with Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.