Senior Control Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
With over 40 successful years in business and having over 35 facilities across the USA this engineering firm has been named on the ENR Top 500 Design Firm list and has continued to climb in rank over the years. In addition, they have been named as a certified integrator by many vendors as they do not focus on just one platform, but their engineers will work with the customer choose the best platform for each application. With over 500 employees nationwide they have become one of the largest and established firms in the United States.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- They offer comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- Profit Sharing/401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
Role’s Primary Purpose: You will interact directly with the customer and lead a team of engineers in identifying requirements, developing specifications, and implementing/testing/commissioning/qualifying automation solutions. This position is a leadership role within the business unit and requires strong problem-solving ability, well-balanced people skills, an aptitude for business efficiency, and an interest in creating partnerships. The Senior Controls Engineer demonstrates success by securing repeat work with both new and existing customers.
- Education – A BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Chemical, Controls or Computer Engineering degree preferred). Technical degree and equivalent experience may be substituted
- Experience –10+ years of directly related experience in process control and/or manufacturing and/or information services is preferred. Life Sciences Industry experience is required. Strong leadership and client relation skills required.
- Methodology – Good engineering and good documentation practice. Experience (or strong desire to learn) in using collaboration tools (such as SharePoint) for project execution methodology
- Computer proficiency – with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint
- Management Experience – demonstrated experience leading a technical team
- Communication – Exceptional verbal and written ability with the aptitude to communicate professionally with client and project leadership
- Travel – Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 25%
Strongly-preferred Job Needs, some combination of the items below:
Control System Experience –
- SCADA/HMI application development – Ignition preferred
- Rockwell PLC Programming
- Industrial networks
- Checkout, testing, startup and commissioning experience
- Industrial systems integration
Education – A BS degree in engineering
Experience: 10+ years of directly related experience in automation, control systems and electrical engineering. Strong leadership and client relation skills required.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.