Sales Application Engineer -OEM
Remote, RM, USA
No relocation is needed for this career move! A global OEM is looking for someone with technical sales, estimating, customer service, or engineering experience with Industrial Equipment.
They’ve been in business since 1950 and are considered a world leader in modernized processing equipment used in food, pharmaceutical, and other industries around the world. Offering competitive pay and great benefits.
- Application Engineering:
- Understand a diverse portfolio of Food Processing equipment and its technical benefits then leverage that knowledge to make equipment and application recommendations.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
- Perform equipment sizing calculations including heat and mass balance.
- Utilize AutoCAD to generate pre-sale Conceptual Layout Drawings (CLD) in 2D.
- Utilize Autodesk Inventor to generate Conceptual equipment blocks in 3D and create 3D layouts.
- Utilize SAP historical data, design review, and statistical analysis to create cost estimates for custom engineered and manufactured equipment.
- Updating our equipment price book by leveraging historical data and statistical analysis.
- Generate and assemble quotes based on customer needs and quote text library.
- Create sales presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics CRM to organize and prioritize workload.
- Drive the sales handover process to the project team upon order receipt.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement of quoting and estimating.
- Monitor projects as they proceed through their lifecycle for discrepancies from estimate.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during production offsite.
- Support internal customers in project management, engineering, and field service.
- B.S. in engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience with food equipment.
- 2-5 years of applicable experience in cost estimating or sales engineering.
- CAD experience including 2D layouts required, 3D experience is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude or experience to understand manufacturing methods and predict costs.
- Experience in food processing equipment or industrial equipment manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience working in SAP is a plus.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with CRM (Customer Relations Management) software is a plus.
- Overtime work may be required.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and to take site measurements.
Excellent salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, your birthday, PTO, and sick and vacation!