Regional Sales Manager
New Berlin, WI, USA
$80k plus commission
Regional Sales Manager
Are you a Sales Engineer or Manager looking for a new opportunity in the automated packaging industry? Our client is on the lookout for talented individuals to join their team. If you have a passion for technology in the automated machinery space, enjoy explaining complex concepts to clients, and are ready to make a significant impact, we want to hear from you.
Why do folks like working here?
- Career growth opportunities.
- Fantastic benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Stable employer!
- Learn the entire operation from the best engineering teams.
- Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities!
- Close to Milwaukee and Chicago – LOTS to do!
The Regional Sales Manager is a critical member of our team, specializing in the technical aspects of our clients’ projects and technical products. This role involves recruiting potential clients, explaining the benefits of our solutions, and consulting on product development. You’ll also play a key role in presenting our product features to clients.
Day to day duties:
– Collaborate with sales and engineering staff to develop project quotes.
– Grow and maintain new business relationships to maximize revenue and margin growth.
– Ensure projects meet system requirements by working closely with customers and engineers.
– Develop sales approaches and pitches that align with client needs and objectives.
– Manage project opportunities throughout the entire quoting phase.
– Identify and establish new account relationships through leads, cold calls, and appointments.
– Conduct technical presentations to explain how our products and services work to customers, whether over the phone, via MS Teams, or in person.
– Establish strong customer rapport and acceptance.
– Plan engineering modifications to meet client demands.
– Recommend new and improved products, explaining their cost-effectiveness to clients.
– Secure orders, maintain product standards, and ensure timely product delivery.
– Contribute to the Customer Relationship Management process, including responding to customer inquiries.
– Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer demands and offer sales support.
– Manage Aftermarket Sales, including quoting spare parts and working with procurement to place spare part orders.
– Work with the Accounting Department to manage spare part billings.
– Support outside sales efforts and the VP of Business Development as needed.
– Provide timely and detailed status updates.
– Follow all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
– Travel required – about 50%
Here’s what you need to be qualified:
– Associate degree in engineering or business, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
– 2-4+ years of Automation Sales Experience.
– Experience working with various design software.
– Proficiency in intricate mechanical designs.
– Willingness to travel to visit potential and existing clients, attend trade shows, conferences, etc.
– Ability to understand and execute designs according to engineering specifications.
– Experience creating designs and drawings that meet multiple criteria, specifications, and standards.
– Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, Teams, etc.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Self-motivated and flexible attitude.
– Strong computer and mathematical skills.
– Exceptional communication skills.
It would be great if you had these experiences / qualifications:
– Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
– Previous customer service or sales experience.
– Ability to draft and draw in SolidWorks for project concepts (a plus).
– Experience with automation or manufacturing-related design.
– Knowledge of automation and manufacturing processes and designs.
If you’re a Sales Engineer or Sales Manager with a passion for technology, strong communication skills, and a drive to succeed, we encourage you to apply for this role! Join our client’s team and be part of shaping the future of automated packaging solutions.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. The hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.