Project Engineer – OEM – Food Industry
Remote, RM, USA
Past experience with industrial food is required.
This role is fully remote, allowing you to work from your home office anywhere in the US. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of projects to supply large capital food processing equipment to customers.
As Project Engineer, you will act as the customer’s primary technical contact working cooperatively with sales, project management, and the service group to ensure equipment meets expectations. You will lead teams of one to five skilled design engineers on components, equipment sizing, detailed design specifications, etc.
- Design of industrial food processing and packaging equipment models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
- Drafting of equipment layout/installation drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, and process flow diagrams in AutoCAD 2D.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
- Organize and participate in peer review meetings to generate and review Risk Assessments.
- Sizing of mechanical and powertrain components (shafts, bearings, sprockets, gearboxes).
- Sizing of heat transfer and fluid flow components (valves, pumps, burners, Heat Exchangers).
- Specification of purchased components (sensors and switches).
- Monitor design and customer drawing release schedules to ensure project is not delayed.
- Support equipment fabrication progress through our factory; we have a full machine shop, sheet metal shop with laser and waterjet, and welding assembly shop.
- Work with our field service group to support equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during commissioning offsite.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting. (about 20%)
- Occasional overtime work may be required.
- BSME or B.S. in Food Engineering.
- 4+ years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
- Experience with FEA and CFD modeling a plus.
- Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience in food processing equipment is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in SAP is preferred.
Excellent salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, your birthday, PTO, and sick and vacation!
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.