Project Engineer (OEM)
Cameron, IL, USA
Tired of the hustle and bustle? Work in a rural Illinois area for a global OEM that builds innovative production machinery. What a great place to raise children!
The company has been in business since 1950 and is a world leader in modernized processing equipment used in food, pharmaceutical, and other industries.
As Project Engineer you will be responsible for the technical aspects of projects to supply large capital food processing equipment to customers. You will act as the customer’s primary technical interface in conjunction with sales, project management, and the service group to ensure equipment meets expectations. The project engineer leads the design effort and provides guidance on component specifications, equipment sizing, and detailed design specifications.
- Design of industrial food processing and packaging equipment models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
- Drafting of equipment layout/installation drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, and process flow diagrams in AutoCAD 2D.
- Develop the project Motor and Device List as necessary
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine the scope of project supply.
- Work with the Application Engineer in the development of project concept layouts and quote specifications
- Organize and participate in peer review meetings to generate and review Risk Assessments.
- Sizing of mechanical and powertrain components (shafts, bearings, sprockets, gearboxes).
- Sizing of fluid flow components (valves and pumps) and specification of purchased components (sensors and switches).
- Monitor design and customer drawing release schedules to ensure the project is not delayed.
- Support equipment fabrication progress through our factory; we have a full machine shop, sheet metal shop with laser and waterjet, and welding assembly shop.
- Work with our field service group to support equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and commissioning offsite. Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting.
- Overtime work may be required.
- BSME or B.S. in Food Engineering.
- 4 – 7 years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
- Experience with FEA modeling is a plus.
- Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience in food processing equipment is a plus, but analytical ability is most important.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in SAP is preferred.
Why work here?
Competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K (with company match), paid holidays- including your birthday, and PTO (sick time and vacation).
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.