Principal Controls Engineer
Remote, MD, USA
Leading Controls System Integrator specializes in Process Automation and Controls, Manufacturing Intelligence, Cyber Security, and Industrial Networking for the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Food & Beverage, and other industries. Stable medium-sized company with excellent benefits! They are looking for a Principal Control Systems Engineer in the NJ or MD state areas.
The Principal Control Systems Engineer is responsible for successfully implementing all aspects of their assigned tasks and projects and may be the single point of contact for the customer for technical aspects of the project, representing the project’s interests to management and the customer. The Principal Control System Engineer is a technical leader on projects and may be independently running projects with a team of engineers while being responsible for technical as well as commercial aspects of the project. This full-time, salaried, exempt role reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
Why work here?:
- Stable company in business for 40 years!
- Variation of projects in many industries including Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Consumer Products, Water/Wastewater, Power, etc.!
- Room for advancement
- Company is known for creating innovative products as well as engineering projects
- PTO, Health/Dental Insurance, 401k matching, Bonus plan
- Work remotely from a home office! (preferred States: NJ, MA, others will be considered)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer satisfaction through adherence to project schedules, prompt resolution of issues, as well as timely and accurate reporting of problems to the Senior Project Manager or Director of Engineering
- Maintain high quality through adherence to quality policies and standards, and comprehensive testing.
- Ensure profitability through careful and thorough planning and execution
- Assist in maintaining the project scope
- Utilize superior technical expertise to maintain the “as-sold” intent and management of the customer’s expectations
- Perform assigned tasks and execute projects on or under budget
- Develop tools and techniques for streamlining implementation of a project
- Assist in providing technical support to the engineering and sales department
- Communicate effectively and often with the customer to manage their expectations and assure success of the project
- Maintain active communication with customer’s team by speaking with them a minimum of two (2) times per week, even when there are no project updates to report
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services, expand project scope and explore additional projects with the customer
- Lead by example; assist in motivating, guiding, and coaching the engineering staff through by displaying a positive attitude, self-motivation, dedication, and initiative
- Demonstrate and facilitate the development of superior problem-solving, creativity, and imagination
- Flag all changes, including those not requiring customer change orders
- Represent the customer’s interests and ensure that the final product meets their expectations
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the department and quality systems including in consultation with the PM
- Assure proper timekeeping on timesheets and OSARs, and assist project team members as needed
- Oversee purchasing of components and supervise the work and progress of subcontractor(s) when applicable
- Assure proper bookkeeping of project documentation including Bill of Materials, Purchase Requisitions, Bill of Lading, and Packing Slips
- Contribute to the growth of the team through education and mentoring of engineers
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical) or related field required
- Master of Science (MS, MSc) in Engineering Management or related field a plus
Qualifications and Skills
- Electrical Design
- Interpret P&ID Drawings
- PLC Programming – Allen Bradley, Opto 22, Siemens, Schneider, etc.
- SCADA System Design/Development – FactoryTalk View SE, Ignition, Wonderware System Platform, GE iFix, Cimplicity, Siemens WinCC, etc.
- Data Historian Software – FT Historian, OSISoft Pi Historian, Wonderware Historian, etc.
- Data Reporting and Visualization Tools – Pi Vision, SQL Reporting (SSRS), Seeq, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Batch Software – FT Batch, Wonderware iBatch, Sepasoft Batch Procedure, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
- Virtualization Technologies – VMWare, Hyper-V
- Networking Technologies – Layer 2 and 3 Managed Switches
- Complex /Structured/Object-Oriented Programming
- Functional/Software Design Specification Development
- Test Development
- Field Startup and Troubleshooting
- Customer Training
- Scripting – Visual Basic/.NET, Python, Java
- Relational Database Design/Integration – MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes – UL508A, ISA S88, ISA S95, PackML, IEC-61131, NFPA 70E etc.
- Solve complex problems
- Master new technologies quickly
- Successfully complete projects without supervision
- Mentor other engineers
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Quality Control by enforcing standard and best practices
Duties are performed in an office environment and workshop, but will also require travel to customer sites/locations about 30% to perform analysis, installation, training maintenance, etc. PREs routinely use standard office equipment which includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged hours consistent with the average workday; to operate a computer and other office equipment, including but not limited to computer, printer, etc. Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders; must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl; must be able to move, transport, position, place, install, remove and/or replace various types of equipment; must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. unassisted.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.