Power Systems Engineer – Industrial
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
A Growing and successful control systems integration and services company needs Electrical Engineers with power experience in Baton Rouge, LA. The Power System Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects relating to performing a power system analysis on industrial and utility power systems. This includes project management, time management, proposal development, field data collection, development of deliverables, customer interface, and team management.
Why work here?
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid – from the office in Baton Rouge, LA and your home office
- Relocation assistance provided for the move to Baton Rouge area
- Generous paid time off policy, paid holidays
- Full benefits
- Growth potential
- Fun company culture!
- Proposal and quotation development
- Develop solutions for complex power system engineering problems
- Technical advice during pre-sale engineering consulting
- Education of/Consultation with internal/external partners
- Manage client expectations, facilitate proposal delivery, and lead project execution.
- Perform short circuit calculations to evaluate series ratings, current limiting effects, and to evaluate best value options for each reported inadequacy.
- Perform coordination time-current curve (TCC) and device setting analysis.
- Perform arc flash analysis and recommend changes for dangerous locations.
- Review system for code compliance and document known installation years.
- Document equipment and locations to evaluate conductor length accuracy.
- Summarize and prioritize the risk for each deficiency.
- Perform equipment selection studies to verify equipment types prior to their order.
- NEC code experience in defining construction designs and safety systems
- Harmonic analysis, including filter bank design and specification.
- Design protection and control systems for utility, industrial, generation, and large commercial facilities.
- Analyze and design arc flash mitigation strategies/systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Registered professional engineers (P.E., P. Eng.) or working towards getting it
- 5 years of industry experience
- 10% Travel required
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Must be able to comply with customer site requirements for access/entry
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available
- Experienced in Electrical Power System Analysis using the following software packages – ETAP, SKM, EasyPower
- See, respond, and report to dangerous situations
- Bending, walking, climbing, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods
- Required to wear PPE/Safety gear at specific times