Outside Sales – Plastics – remote in Detroit area
Detroit, MI, USA
Grow your career in Outside Sales! Work remotely in the Detroit area for a successful and growing OEM in the plastics industry. Great flexibility with this role as you will be setting your own schedule and manage your time and appointments.
You will be focused on sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling products and/or related services; contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. Territory includes MI, OH and IN.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience selling desiccant drying products and solutions in the plastics industry.
- Must have a technical background and degree preferred.
- You will need to have a hunter personality to succeed.
- Willing to travel up to 50% overnight, car travel typically.
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Strong work ethic, self-confidence, trustworthiness, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organized and detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong customer service competencies, negotiation skills, and networking ability.
Education & Experience:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of industrial drying, blending and/or material handling equipment.
- Associates or bachelors degree in sales, marketing, engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products and services.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and determining their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate efforts within the sales/marketing department as well as other departments, including but not limited to project management, engineering, production, controls, and accounting.
- Analyze the market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization
- Create and manage a value plan for existing customers highlighting their profile, share, and potential.
- Compare products and services against competitors and effectively demonstrate and communicate the company’s advantages.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory/segment
- Maintain knowledge of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.