Mechanical Design Engineer
Sheboygan, WI, USA
$85k - $90k
Mechanical Design Engineer
Near Sheboygan, WI
The Short and Sweet of It:
This role is exciting because it is responsible for providing high-level invention, creativity, design, and development of packaging equipment components and systems. You will facilitate the manufacture, assembly, and commissioning of new innovations!
Why work here?
- An entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace 3 years running.
- You don’t just join a team, you build it.
- All the competitive benefits (health, dental, life, etc.).
- Profit sharing, bonuses, flexible work schedule.
- Soft perks (sporting event tix, summer parties, fall parties, bowling tournaments, on site pub, and a fitness center).
- Wisconsin is awesome. I mean, fishing on Lake Michigan? Packers? Awesome.
Day to day:
– Perform or coordinate packaging equipment mechanical component and mechanical systems design services.
– Apply engineering and manufacturing standards accurately and consistently.
– Create and maintain mechanical component and system documentation, such as BOMs, spares, flow charts, part drawings, assembly drawings, and schematics.
– Ensure all R&D projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives.
– Provide excellent communication skills, high motivation, and target dates to the manager.
– Work with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
– Develop and measure progress through metrics and tangible goals.
– Produce timely and detailed plans, summaries, and status reports.
– Apply engineering principles to design, prototype, test, evaluate, and implement new designs and inventions.
– Prototype, validate, and troubleshoot designs, both internally and with partnered outside customers or service providers.
– Transition new designs into production and provide consultation and design support to internal and external resources.
– Collaborate cross-functionally to improve current product lines.
– Demonstrate curiosity and understanding of all engineering disciplines, with a focus on execution.
– Work effectively independently and within a team environment.
– Possess a continuous improvement outlook and suggest, promote, and champion product changes.
– Handle multiple priorities and meet key deadlines through effective time management skills.
– Translate abstract concepts into physical, testable prototypes.
– Perform sizing and optimization analysis to make design recommendations and carry out testing.
– Perform strength, sizing calculations, or other analytical techniques as needed in the design or modification of packaging equipment.
– Obtain quotations from vendors and set up parts in the ERP system.
Are You Qualified?
– Education generally equivalent to a four-year degree in a Mechanical Engineering program or related discipline, or equivalent experience and specialized training.
– 3+ years of mechanical design and documentation experience.
– Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate designs.
– Ability to use various precision measuring instruments.
– Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PDM, and various Viking Masek systems.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.