Maintenance Automation Technician
Rockford, IL, USA
Food manufacturer of the brands you know – coffees, energy drinks, and cheese products! They need Automation Technicians to join their team. Location: near Rockford, IL
Why work here?
- Full benefits
- Work only 14 days per month!
- Relocation assistance is provided by the company!
- State-of-the-art automated facilities
- NO TRAVEL
- NO VACCINE REQUIREMENT
The Automation Technician is responsible for the PLC programming, setup, repair, and troubleshooting related to machine operations on the production floor. Automation Technicians will have a thorough understanding of automation controls including PLCs; VFD, and logic-based control systems. They work cross-functionally with other maintenance mechanical technicians, facilities technicians, and production personnel.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in Allen-Bradley PLC programming, Setup, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with Allen-Bradley PLCs, VFDs, and machine vision (Cognex / Keyence)
- Firm understanding of HMI screen development. Configure and program remote I/O devices such as Ethernet IP, Modbus, or similar.
- Implement and validate automation changes to the existing control system hardware and software.
- Ability to read process diagrams, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Ability to apply sound engineering solutions while considering the budget, schedule, and operational performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot various automation systems and provide training to operations and other maintenance personnel on automated processes.
- Sound understanding of control components and wiring up to 480 Volts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and align with policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Food Safety. Identify and report Food Safety issues to management.
- Support, mentor, and lead efforts for controls system repairs and validate proper function to obtain throughput.
- Obtains and executes work orders and preventive maintenance tickets with little or no guidance.
- Assist in maintaining a library for all device back-ups and updates.
- Document changes made to software and hardware (Electrical and Process & Instrumentation prints).
- Work in conjunction with the Network administrator to maintain the Facility Controls Network (hardware and software)
- Review (with upper management) key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify potential areas for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervisors to provide effective support production throughout the shift.
- Ensure equipment in the area is maintained, guarded, and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures.
Training, Education & Experience:
- Technical degree in a related field, AAM graduation, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with automation software, controls, PLCs
- Strong overall electrical knowledge and experience with control systems.
- Excellent communication skills and effective team-building skills are a must
- Experience in a food processing plant is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Technical school, course work, or degree, is considered a plus
- Walking on wet and slippery floors
- Standing/Walking for 12 Hours
- 12-hour night shifts – 5:40 pm till 6 am (2-2-3 every other weekend Schedule)
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.