Lead Controls Engineer
Minneapolis, MN, USA
For over 5 decades this family-owned company has been providing custom-built industrial refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, metal fabrication and preventative maintenance service solutions to customers throughout the US. It is not only a great place to grow and thrive in your career. It is a place to truly belong. You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package and many professional growth opportunities. From the moment you’re hired to the day you retire, you’re a part of the family.
Engineer and design industrial control systems utilizing the latest technologies in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC’s), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA). You will also be an integral part in growing the group and eventually managing the group of engineers.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external resources to support project execution.
- Develop control system designs, estimates and proposals based on customer requirements, applicable codes, and best engineering principles.
- Utilize AutoCAD Electrical to develop and maintain control system schematics and panel layouts diagrams.
- Develop accurate bill of materials and complete requisitions for procurement of control system equipment as needed.
- Coordinate panel fabrication and field installation.
- Develop control system programs based on the project specifications.
- Travel to customer project sites for system startups.
- Create customer documentation which includes user manuals, sequence of operation, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Perform customer training on the operation of the control system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer operational problems.
- Support and maintain customer relationships.
- Continuous learning and development to increase knowledge of refrigeration systems, PLC, and HMI technologies.
- Support and maintain a Lean working environment.
Summary of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience working with industrial refrigeration equipment is required.
- Strong working knowledge of electricity, PLC’s, HMI’s, Industrial Control Networks, VFD’s, and industrial control systems. AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus.
- Must be organized and detail orientated.
- Equipment use: Laptop computer, digital multi-meter, and various hand tools.
- Must work well individually, in a team environment and under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Willing to accommodate off hour project requests as needed
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.