Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Aurora, CO, USA
A water treatment facility is looking for an I&C Engineer to analyze, design, and program process controls systems for new and existing water treatment systems. In this role, you will provide technical expertise and assistance in support of the Organization’s SCADA and instrumentation and controls systems (I&C).
The position implements and monitors I&C-related technical programs, maintains equipment and structures used in the collection, transportation, storage, and processing of water and wastewater, and performs corrective and preventative maintenance on instrumentation, electronic and electrical operating control systems, equipment, fixtures, and devices.
Why work here?:
- Located in beautiful Denver, CO area
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed atmosphere
- Benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, Pension, 401A paid by the employer
- No travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. (An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.)
- 4 + years experience in electrical and electronic construction, repair, and maintenance, preferably in a water or wastewater treatment industry, hydroelectric plant, power plant, or similar facilities.
- Knowledge and experience programming of PLC, HMI, OI, and SCADA software packages.
- Ability to read, use, and update electrical, electronic piping, and instrument drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and domain networking, TCP/IP network systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of computerized instrumentation systems, transformers, switches, control panels, and electronic components of telemetry systems and components.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures relating to electrical controls and equipment.
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours and days as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accuracy of I&C wiring diagrams, schematics, and other related site documentation
- Performs skilled shop and field tasks including the installation, calibration, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, tuning, and repair of electronic/electro-mechanical equipment and telemetry, communications, control, SCADA, instrumentation, and protective relay systems.
- Assists in designing, evaluating, installing, tuning, and calibrating microprocessor-based instrumentation and control system components; performs programming of automated process control equipment, PLCs, RTUs, and SCADA system devices.
- Assists in designing and installing electrical circuits, relays, switchgear, wiring, electronic alarms, and telemetering equipment used in the operation and monitoring of 480v and, water pumps, and telemetry systems.
- Assists in engineering design with RTU Panel Fabrication, both new and existing panels; and hardware design and software programming utilizing standards as required.
- Performs software firmware or revision updates to the necessary control equipment.
- Works with the different types of Ethernet protocols for the various instruments or control systems.
- Assists in managing and organizing load files from the control equipment with revisions and updates on the appropriate servers related to the team.
- Trains the department members on any new hardware equipment or software programs.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, tests, rebuilds, programs, and/or calibrates water treatment instrumentation; tests and monitors automated control devices, electrical relays, electrical and mechanical pump parts, motors, VFDs, pressure control valves, and other electronic control equipment.
- Work with operations staff to troubleshoot equipment failures and repairs.
- Tests and repairs cathodic protection systems.
- Prepares required reports and schedules and coordinates contractor work.
- Performs testing, maintenance, and repairs on metering and recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging, and display equipment, communications and telemetering systems, and laboratory equipment.
- Reads and interprets manuals and schematic drawings.
- Maintains records and reports of work performed, uses asset management software, and participates on the asset management team.
- Updates schematic drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
- Interacts with the public, outside agencies, and employees concerning complaints, procedures, standards, and specs, as well as setting up contractual documentation as needed.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.