Denver, CO, USA
As a world leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineering custom systems primarily for nuclear, aerospace, and mining applications. Considered a top-tier provider for a variety of complex systems and products for a varied customer base. The educated, capable, and motivated team is continuously seeking to improve and expand its capabilities with upper echelon professionals.
Reasons to work here:
- Work on a team to safely deliver top quality products and services to our customers around the world.
- Family-focused atmosphere with an excellent work-life balance, having many Fridays off of work.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Collaborative team and low stress environment
- Growth opportunities
- Low Travel
The IC&E engineer will be responsible for instrumentation and/or control system design to include the development and maintaining of piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), specifying and procurement of instrumentation, instrument location and installation details. Projects can include construction and start-up support. This position will also be responsible for the creation and review of single line diagrams, wiring schematics/diagrams, control logic diagrams and narratives, as well as process flow diagrams. Additional duties may include project engineering of instrumentation, control, and electrical scope, including support of system installation, programming, and calibration either on the factory floor or on-site at a customer facility.
Primary system applications are centered around air filtration and gas management. Typical components include, but are not limited to high-pressure centrifugal fans, variable frequency drives (VFDs), temperature, pressure, and humidity sensors and transmitters, electrical heating elements, chilled water coils and chillers.
- Design and optimization of electrical components for systems.
- Create engineering drawings (primarily in DraftSight) in accordance with applicable standards.
- Perform system calculations for electrical systems.
- Establish system testing requirements and assist in electrical equipment inspections and startup.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
- Review of technical vendor submittals for installation requirements.
- Comply with all company values, policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support all aspects of compliance with applicable Quality Assurance requirements ensuring system methods and documentation are implemented in accordance with the company, customer, national and international standards.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Develop and complete actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines.
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Assist with assembly, testing, and debugging during builds when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or in another technical field coupled with proven experience in Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical Engineering tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A Professional Engineer’s License (P.E.) current in standing and issued by a US state governing body.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- P.E. License
- Demonstrated experience in engineering and client relations in a design/manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Proficiency in DraftSight or AutoCAD.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to begin projects independently (or as assigned), and to bring projects (or assignments) to satisfactory conclusion on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform additional duties/assignment is needed to meet departmental and/or organizational goals.
- Knowledge and familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC) & National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards.
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments, clearly convey results and effectively utilize company software applications.
- 10+ years of practical professional experience, but at least 5 years
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement Programs, specifically NQA-1 or AS9100
- Hands on manufacturing experience in using engineering designs and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of related codes & standards (ISA, IEEE, NEMA-MG1)
- Experience being a proven leader in large government projects, specifically Nuclear & Aerospace
- Basic knowledge of SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.