Field Service Technician – NE
Remote, Nebraska, USA
Join a Systems Integrator that has been providing water, wastewater, and industrial controls for over 50 years. They are an industry leader and offer career advancement opportunities that are truly unlimited!
As a Field Service Technician, you will be the face of the company working with customers to provide services for control systems primarily in the water/wastewater industry, traveling up to 75%. You will receive a company vehicle that is available for personal use, and all maintenance, gas, and expenses paid by the company. This is a position that offers opportunities for advancement.
- Control system commissioning and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and motor control devices such as variable frequency drives and reduced voltage starters.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Document processes.
- Operate vehicles in a safe manner and use field automation systems.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- A 2-year electrical technology degree or equivalent experience could be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management & clients.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.