Field Service Technician
Memphis, TN, USA
Work for a distributor that has long-standing partnerships with top manufacturers in automation, electrical, datacom, power transmission, safety, industrial supply, lighting, and solar solutions. As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for providing on-site services that support process and discrete manufacturing operations. Specifically, these services are related to evaluating customers’ installed hardware/software/network equipment, storeroom stock, and safety compliance.
- Act as a company representative, while performing services on mission-critical customer equipment and applications.
- Execute documented procedures on-site at customer facilities.
- Perform onsite collection of current install base through site walk-through and use of data collection tools in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Perform onsite collection of arc flash and lockout tag out policy/procedure/compliance information.
- Perform onsite management of customer storeroom assets.
- Perform basic drive start-up and training onsite.
- Demonstrate core competency around Rockwell Automation products and associated manufacturing technology.
- Develop relationships with key customer stakeholders.
- Articulate the value of services offered to customers during the lifecycle of the engagement.
- Present findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with customers to determine customer problems, needs, and goals thereby identifying opportunities for products and services that may be outside of the scope of original engagement.
- Document work activities in appropriate, professional report format, time utilization reports.
- Assist in the clarification and resolution of customer issues.
- AS/BS Degree in Engineering or relevant technical training/experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Industrial manufacturing or electrical distribution preferred.
- Exposure to Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, and other technology and applications (Rockwell or comparable platforms)
- Understanding of safe work practices in an industrial environment including but not limited to the utilization of personal protective equipment as required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Hands-on experience with commercially available technology such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and others.