Field Service Engineer OH/WV
Remote, OH, USA
If you live in Ohio or West Virginia, you could work remotely for a Systems Integrator that is a leader in implementing municipal and industrial controls and instrumentation systems.
You could be a part of a team providing exceptional customer service and support. Travel is 50% within Ohio and West Virginia.
- Associate or higher degree in electrical technology, engineering, or licensed journeyman electrician.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Construction and wiring of PLCs, motor control panels, and motor control centers.
- Familiarity with industrial networking equipment such as switches, patch panels, controllers, and graphical interface equipment.
- Field experience with industrial control panels, wiring, startup, testing, maintenance, and service.
- Field experience with instrumentation such as level, flow, and pressure instruments.
- Knowledge of water/wastewater process control is helpful but not mandatory.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in installing instrumentation equipment, including mounting devices, field wiring terminations, startup, and calibration.
- Perform field startup, testing, and troubleshooting of industrial control equipment including motor starters, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, and control panels.
- Construct and wire industrial PLC and motor control panels.
- Startup and test PLC-based control systems including industrial networking equipment and PC-based HMI software.
- Modify and update PLC and HMI programs throughout the startup process.
- Read control circuits, schematics, and line drawings for industrial control equipment.
- Update schematic drawings following field installation and startup.
- Work with customers on-site and provide exceptional customer service.
- Work closely with multiple Project Managers on a variety of projects.
- Create and/or update AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electric drawings.
- Program HMI devices, including operator interface panels and PC workstations.
- Program PLCs using Rockwell RSLogix 500 and 5000 software, from inception through completion.
- Review electrical schematic drawings for quality and accuracy.
Why work here?
- 401k – 3% match
- Health insurance (75% of employee premium and 50% of dependents paid by employer)
- Generous PTO and paid holidays