Field Service Engineer (Controls)
South Bend, IN, USA
For over 30 years, this company has been combining friction welding with designed automation to create the best welding equipment technology and friction welding services in the world!
As a Service Engineer based out of South Bend, IN, your primary mission will be to travel throughout the U.S. and the World using your installation and troubleshooting skills with their state-of-the-art joining and welding equipment. You will have the independence to manage your own schedule while giving the highest level of customer support.
Your electrical and mechanical abilities will allow you to grow from within while using some of the latest technologies. Build your career in a fast-paced, challenging environment: installing, maintaining, and servicing state-of-the-art machinery for prestigious clients throughout the globe!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel extensively throughout the United States as well as foreign countries to install and repair machines, and must be able to work without supervision.
- Proficiently utilize SIMOTION Scout, TIA Portal, SIMATIC Manager, and RSLogix5000 IDEs.
- Proficiently utilize programming languages and methods including Ladder Logic, ST, and MCC for machine control.
- Conduct machine debugging and startup.
- Provide technical support to Service Technicians and customers, as needed.
- Participate in efforts for the design, architecture, and programming conventions of Controls applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing designs.
- Advocate and maintain Controls standards, verification, and validation methods and techniques.
- Build or leverage experience and understanding of machinery, machine controls, programmable logic controllers, human machine interface, and their control software.
- Perform other assignments, as requested by the supervisor or manager
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Work closely with customers to diagnose and repair machines.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as wiring and electrical/electronic components of machines.
- Install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair/replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related components.
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as flash turn off, programmable controllers, conveyors, robots, etc.
- Apply troubleshooting expertise utilizing visual inspection, listening for unusual sounds to determine machine malfunctions, and discussing machine operation and variation with customer personnel.
- Provide instruction to customer personnel to operate machines and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation for expense reports, working hours, service reports, and machine acceptance documents.
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant experience
- Awareness of Siemens and/or Rockwell PLC programming software
- Must have controls design experience on machine tool-type industrial equipment
- Expertise in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Proficiency with computers
- Must have excellent communication
- Must possess good documentation methods and practices
- The ability and willingness to learn new processes
- Must exhibit experience in machine ladder logic and PLC programming.
- Must be willing to travel extensively throughout the US and the world, as required.
- Must exhibit diplomatic expertise and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal computer utilizing office applications, including email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Siemens and Allen Bradley Software.
- Ability to communicate with other cultures.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.