Irving, TX, USA
$110k - $130k
We are partnering with a company seeking an Engineering Manager for in-person full-time employment. This established organization was founded over 30 years ago and specializes in the design and production of custom test and measurement solutions in the aerospace, defense, and energy industries. As a growing technology company, they provide excellent growth and career advancement opportunities.
In a nutshell, this position reports to the Senior VP of Engineering and Manufacturing and has direct management responsibility for engineering personnel and processes. The Engineering Manager will collaborate with all internal shareholders.
Why work for this company?
- It’s got all the basics including excellent benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Profit-based bonus
- Paid vacation/Holidays/Sick time
- Life insurance
- Educational reimbursement program
- Flex-Med medical savings plan
- Flex-Care (125 pretax childcare)
- An excellent work environment
- Strong growth potential
- Where do you want to take your career?
- What kind of team do you want to work with?
- Which type of customers do you value the most?
What are you going to do day to day?
Engineering Manager will lead hardware and software design teams and implementation activities in a low-volume/high- mix environment for electro-mechanical and electronic systems. Oversight of systems design includes the integration of off-the-shelf instrumentation, custom designed software, and hardware with all associated lower-level design of PCBAs, cabling and signal routing boxes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage both daily and long-term engineering aspects including personnel hiring/scheduling, management of design, software, electrical and mechanical engineering direct reports, resource planning, workflow, training/certification.
- Manage key projects directly as well as provide technical contribution such as software architecture design.
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are on-time, on-budget, and meet customer technical/quality requirements.
- Interact directly with customers on key projects for status related to performance of the contract (e.g. requirements, preliminary and critical design reviews, etc.)
- Develop, implement, train, and maintain relevant processes and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Oversee configuration management best practices and tools.
- Redefine and maintain software architecture methodologies and style guides.
- Support job proposal activities including material and labor estimations.
- Develop and implement a short term to 5-year technical road map.
- Owns engineering schedule adherence, forecast of labor and associated revenue.
- Ensures customer satisfaction for design projects.
Do you qualify? (check out the fine print here):
- 5+ years of experience in engineering systems integration environment managing a team for similar technical products (high mix software/electrical/electromechanical solutions)
- Four-year degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Must be a US Person: (a) a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20), or (b) a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 and ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with test and measurement equipment from National Instruments, Keysight, Rohde & Schwarz preferred.
- Experience with DOD, Government and Aerospace contract adherence and flow-downs is a plus.
- Must have professional experience developing software in environments such as LabVIEW, C, C++, or Python and is capable of architecting distributed, object-oriented software. Prior experience with TestStand, databases, and data acquisition hardware/instrumentation is also highly desirable.
- Ability to manage people and projects in a format consistent with PMI’s PMBOK guidelines.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!