Electrical Engineer Project Leader
Oostburg, WI, USA
$115,000 - $130,000
Our client is a family-led, privately held company. Our culture is a unique mix of tradition and dynamic, employee-led change and growth.
They have a fun and relaxed workplace culture, solid benefits package, and significant opportunity for growth for the right person. They are completing their third facility expansion in 5 years, growing fast, and are looking for some awesome people to join their team!
If you have experience with electrical programming and wiring and enjoy designing unique systems to solve customer problems, consider an Electrical Engineer Project Leader position with our client! Strong communication and problem-solving skills coupled with AutoCAD experience would make you the perfect candidate for this position. The Electrical Engineer Project Leader provides technical expertise in design, development, testing, troubleshooting and installation of specified equipment as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides services relating to the successful installation, start up and commissioning of packaging equipment, traveling to the customer location, as required.
- Performs machine testing (powering up and check-out functions) and troubleshooting to certify packaging equipment for customer acceptance.
- Responsible for the design and layout of packaging equipment electrical components and systems.
- Performs drafting of electrical component schematic designs, panel layouts and development of BOM’s.
- Electrical lead for projects.
- Create and implement electric component control programs to provide for the proper function of PLC, HMI, motion and message display.
- Assists with the coordination of assembly operations during equipment construction.
- Assists with customer service calls.
- Provide creative and accurate design solutions.
- Communicate electrical design intent to customers, other departments/functions, ensuring that their requirements are fulfilled in the electrical design.
- Communicate with other departments/functions to resolve conflicts, deal with issues, and incorporate suggestion/decisions into electrical designs.
- Obtain quotations from vendors and parts set-up in ERP system.
- Maintains electrical documentation.
- Produce timely and detailed reports.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring.
- Understanding of packaging machines and process.
- Education generally equivalent to a (4) year degree in an Electrical Engineering program or related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
- 0-3 years of engineering design experience with packaging equipment.
- 3-5 years of PLC/HMI programming experience
- PLC, HMI and motion control programming experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate design.
- Ability to use hand tools and basic electronic measuring devices.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, Eplan, AutoCAD and various company systems.
- Networking and communication hardware and protocols.
- Always sell the company’s Value Proposition.
- Attend Tradeshows, when necessary, from a technical resource.
- Continuous improvement and industry training upkeep.
- Occasionally works in proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and/or reach above shoulders.
- May occasionally travel on company business.
- Adhere to company and departmental SOP’s.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Willing to work with a team to troubleshoot problems.
- Team player that is a highly disciplined, problem-solver with a strong work ethic.
- Commitment, Accuracy, Accountability, Communication, Closure.
Business Hours: Monday through Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. based on departmental needs.
10% – 15% travel may be required (can be flexible).