Electrical Design Engineer II
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
100k and up D.O.E.
A Growing and successful control systems integration and services company needs Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsible for all aspects relating to developing low, medium, and high-voltage power distribution systems for commercial, industrial, and utility facilities under the direct supervision of the company’s Professional Engineers. This includes project management, budget management, proposal development, code requirements, field data collection, checking designer/drafting drawing packages, specification of equipment, development of construction scopes, customer interface, and team management.
Why work here?
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid – from the office in Baton Rouge, LA and your home office
- Relocation assistance provided for the move to Baton Rouge area
- Generous paid time off policy, paid holidays
- Full benefits
- Growth potential
- Fun company culture!
- Proposal and quotation development
- Technical advice during pre-sale engineering consulting
- Develop front-end onelines, equipment plans, and loading / short circuit estimated calculations for equipment specifications
- Switchgear, MCC, etc. distribution equipment specification development
- Vendor interface including quote evaluation, equipment bidding process, bonus/malice for clients
- IFA & IFC drawing process management with client/vendor including onelines, switchgear schematics, MCC schematics, cable schedules, bus duct, panel schedules, grounding, etc
- Procurement & PO development following client procedures/requirements
- Factory acceptance testing scopes and on-site supervision at vendor facilities
- Construction scope development for field contractor installation
- Site Acceptance testing / Commissioning / Startup supervision as required by the project
- Basic understanding of arc flash hazards, operation of power control schemes, and on-site safety in industrial facilities
- 5 years of industry experience
- 10% Travel required
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.
- Possess a stable work history
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comply with customer site requirements for access/entry
- Basic understanding of system design using any of the following software packages – ETAP, SKM, EasyPower
- See, respond, and report to dangerous situations
- Bending, walking, climbing, kneeling, sitting, and standing for extended periods
- Required to wear PPE/Safety gear at specific times
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- NEC code experience in defining construction designs.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.