Electrical Control Engineer
Belton, MO, USA
A fast-paced manufacturer of consumer goods is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to support engineering and production with controls, programming, and electrical project engineering tasks. 20% or more of your time will be on the manufacturing floor.
Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment, be willing to support other engineering team members related to electrical engineering, and have the ability to take ownership of projects.
The company offers EXCELLENT medical benefits (including dental and vision), profit sharing and bonus potential, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, paid holidays, vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Medical benefits are available on the first day of employment.
- Providing electrical and control plant support as the site expert for PLCs, HMIs, electrical panels, etc.
- Partnering with production and process engineering to maximize equipment efficiencies and reduce scrap rates
- Supporting project and process engineers on CapEx projects by identifying controls and automation needs
- Programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLCs
- Performing electrical troubleshooting to eliminate downtime, including drives, light curtains, etc.
- Supporting business network systems, including ethernet, servers, etc.
- Providing input on the design of panels, including working with integrators and builders
- Partnering with team members to complete continuous improvement activities utilizing Lean methodologies
- Assisting with HMI troubleshooting, upgrading, and installation
- Managing timelines and budgets of engineering projects
- Completing documentation on project status
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field; electrical engineering or electrical engineering technologies majors are HIGHLY preferred
- 3+ years of similar electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting capital equipment projects from an electrical standpoint
- Experience programming PLCs, ideally Allen Bradley
- Core electrical troubleshooting skills, including servos, curtains, HMIs, control panels, etc.
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Nice to haves:
- Project management of timelines and budgets
- Power distribution experience
- Robotics and/or automation experience
- Lean Certification
- AutoCAD, related to electrical projects
- MS Project
- Experience working for an OEM or integrator
- Experience working in related processing manufacturing environments, including chemical, coating, plastics, refinery, food and/or beverage industries
Why work here?
- The company supplies a diverse product line to multiple industries
- EXCELLENT benefits, including 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential
- No layoffs in the last 20 years
- Good work/life balance, with every other Friday off
- Fast-paced work environment, focused on continuous improvements and Lean initiatives
- Opportunity for advancement
- Million-dollar investments are scheduled for the plant in the next two to three years
- A new line is coming to the plant
A relocation package, consisting of a sign-on bonus, may be offered to regional candidates.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.