Electrical CAD Designer
Minneapolis, MN, USA
This engineering firm has been in business for over 40 years! The key to their longevity and success is due to the depth of their experienced, talented engineers. They have been recognized by Control Engineering as one of the Top Ten System Integrator Giants. Working in one of their 30+ USA facilities you will be part of a highly skilled and talented team of engineers.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Employee owned)
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
In this Electrical Designer role in you will prepare clear, complete, and accurate documentation with accuracy, attention to detail and within budget restraints. This position will include creating routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, diagrams, & schematics from rough or detailed sketches, or notes for engineering according to defined CAD standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical concepts. (UL508, NFPA, Etc.)
- Advanced knowledge base of AutoCAD Electrical. (Lisp, Visual Basic experience is a plus)
- General working knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate with the engineering team and other designers via phone, email, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple CAD Standards.
- Attention to detail, and product pride.
- Works independently, with very basic information or direction from project engineers.
- AAS degree in Computer Aided Drafting/ Design or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Drafting/Design experience in Electrical concepts and terminology (i.e., Ladder, Loop and PID diagrams).
- 5+ years experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical.
- 5+ years drafting experience in the electrical field.
- Control Panel design experience required.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow general and specific industry guidelines and best practices.
- Read, learn, and apply the general and client specific CAD Standards to all drawings.
- Utilize knowledge of CAD software to complete drawings.
- Draft finished designs from engineer’s sketches or from other engineering documentation.
- Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with datasheet of component, matching electrical terminations, etc. for accurate drafting of component.
- After preliminary drafting is completed, print out the drawing sets for quality assurance review following company procedures.
- Review questions or concerns with engineer or project manager and redline drawing set accordingly.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.