Electrical and Automation Design Engineer
Houston, TX, USA
$80,000 - $100,000 DOE
Position Description: This organization provides full-service automation of water/wastewater systems (including design, implementation, and support). They strive to be an advocate for their clients and to form long lasting partnerships based on trust. They provide tailored solutions to meet the specific needs of each of their clients and pride themselves on providing their clients with a depth of expertise unrivaled in the industry.
The Electrical and Automation Design Engineer is primarily responsible for the engineering design of Water/Wastewater technology, electrical power distribution, instrumentation and control systems. These systems typically include process instrumentation and automation, control panels, motor control centers, power monitoring and switchgear. Design documents include Electrical site and building plans, Single-line Diagrams, Lighting Plans, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), specifications, along with detailed control panel schematics, and other related documents.
- Reports to Director for work responsibilities, scheduling, and quality control.
- Designs automation, controls, and related SCADA systems for water/wastewater processes, including communications, PLC architecture, instrumentation, and related software and hardware.
- Design electrical distribution systems, including one-line diagrams, plan drawings, panel schedule, equipment elevations.
- Prepares project specifications as they pertain to electrical, instrumentation, and process controls.
- Prepares Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Prepares detailed control panel wiring schematics, panel layouts, bills of material, communication diagrams, etc.
- Prepares instrumentation and control system submittal packages.
- May work with Director to periodically review and update design standards to maintain compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, and good engineering practice.
- Occasionally visits client sites to investigate existing field conditions as required for preparing design documents.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program.
- 4+ years’ experience in electrical design preferred.
- Advanced Computer Skills, Literacy, & Proficiency.
- AutoCAD experience required; Revit experience is a plus.
- Visio experience a plus or must be willing to be quickly trained.
- SKM or other electrical study software is a plus.
- Must possess effective oral, written, & digital communication skills.
- Must be able to easily interact with other design staff.
- Must possess effective organizational skills for productive task and time management.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- P.E. license is preferred. EIT preferred with experience in the field working towards a PE.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.
Account Manager (Outside Sales)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Join a flourishing OEM in Los Angeles, offering remote work and unmatched flexibility. You'll have the autonomy to set your own schedule, manage appointments, and drive your career forward in the plastics industry.