Waterloo, IA, USA
We are seeking a Design Engineer in Waterloo, Iowa who will design, develop, and support products through the full product life cycle. This will include design from conceptualization, through production and following up with customer support.
This person will be responsible for developing the appropriate tools, controls, equipment, fixtures, and processes used in the manufacturing of new products, contributing, and/or determining the appropriate specifications and procedures used for layout, testing, and prototyping. This position will also provide the continuous improvement of other existing products via design modifications and the re-tooling of components, parts, and/or systems used on those product lines.
100% family medical benefits paid!
- Develop multiple design solutions and CAD layouts to determine ideal designs for new and existing products that meet manufacturing capabilities as well as high quality and customer expectations.
- Perform engineering calculations required to meet goals and expectations.
- Develop, determine, contribute, and/or provide internal & external specifications, i.e., raw material, manufactured items, and outsourced components.
- Provide/assist with direction and coordination of the manufacturing processes for prototype and production builds.
- Prepare accurate, complete, and detailed Bill of Materials, part, weldment, and assembly drawings.
- Manages multiple projects and Engineering Change Notices to meet project timelines.
- Contributes and/or determines processes involved in product development, i.e. prototyping, testing, and tooling.
- Assist other departments to ensure project success.
- Provides periodic project and documentation support as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
- Provides reports as required by the Director of Operations.
- Provides major project support for all areas as directed by the senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or another related engineering discipline with an emphasis on powered machinery.
- Associate degree with applicable work experience will be considered.
- Five years of design and manufacturing experience in agricultural equipment is desired.
- Strong experience and knowledge level of a 3-D CAD program. Autodesk Inventor & Vault preferred. Other programs such as Catia, Pro-E, Solid Works, or Solid Edge will be considered.
- Prior design experience using steel fabrication processes and equipment, i.e., saw, plasma, laser, punch, and forming.
- Prior design experience using machining processes and operations, i.e., lathe, VMC, and HMC.
- Prior design experience of weldments for hand and robotic welding processes, along with general welding knowledge.
- Prior experience in the design and machining of steel and iron castings is preferred.
- Prior product development project coordination. Determining and coordinating fabrication, welding process, fixturing, and tooling needs for prototyping, and production.
- Prior experience in designing, operating, and using agricultural equipment along with general farming operations.
- Prior work experience developing and supporting product and design support documentation, i.e., Product Manuals and department standards.
- Prior experience designing control systems.
- Prior experience with ISOBUS systems.
- Proficiency in written, verbal, presentation, and telephone communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!