Orlando, FL, USA
With 250% growth in the last 5 years, this systems integration firm has been in business for over 40 years! The key to their longevity and success is due to the depth of their experienced, talented engineers. They have been recognized by Control Engineering as one of the Top Ten System Integrator Giants. Working in one of their 30+ USA facilities you will be part of a highly skilled and talented team of engineers.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control system design, DCS/PLC programming, control panel design, instrumentation, check-out support, and start-up assistance.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, and experience in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, and drafters
- Designs, develops, and implements DCS/PLC control system (logic software and hardware) to meet process requirements. As well as complying with any local or government agency design/implementation codes
- Knowledge of control panel and system design standards and code practices for any local or government agencies
- Develops documents detailing control configuration and design. Documents include: Theory/Description of operation, Detailed control system design description, system implementation/acceptance test plans
- Able to interface with facility design to optimize panel location minimizing voltage drop and optimizing panel maintenance
- Able to perform the following system design calculations/analysis: Short circuit protection, harmonics, noise reduction/cancellation, power consumption, load flow, short circuit protection, protective relay/circuit design, ground fault monitoring, safety system implementation (SIL rating)
- Knowledge of analyzing system design for Hazard analysis development and mitigation
- Ability to implement control system redundancy to minimize single points of failure
- Develops schematics of control system configuration, wiring, network layout, and equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD
- Will assist with the initial start-up and debugging of integrated systems and the development of system documentation
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as entertainment and manufacturing
- Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers, technicians, and contractors
- Will act as Project Manager on smaller projects ranging from $50k to $250k. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develops and executes implementation plans for the project
- Assigns work to meet overall project deadlines
- Ensures that all project team members clearly understand the scope of project responsibilities
- Develops schedules for team and customer requirements
- Evaluates progress on project(s) and details changes
- Responsible for all purchasing and subcontractor requirements
- Responsible for the development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope
- Education –Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. (Directly related experience may be substituted for degree)
- Experience –5+ years in the following areas is preferred: Ethernet-based control systems, safety systems, instrumentation, components, logic programming, and DCS programming (i.e. DeltaV, Experion, 800xA.) Experience with instrumentation and controls/PLC system design (i.e. Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens) required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired
- Key Competencies – Knowledge of contract documents and specifications. Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings. Ability to perform system design functions. Planning, Customer Focused, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving
- Skills – All employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office environments
- Ability to travel up to 35%
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!