La Vergne, TN, USA
Work for an automated machine-building company that designs and manufactures custom machinery for all industries including automotive, cosmetics, injection molding, medical, and others. This OEM works closely with its customers to bring their visions to life while also ensuring that productivity and profitability are maximized.
Join their team in La Vergne, TN as a Controls Engineer!
Why work here:
The company promotes a team atmosphere in the workplace and makes a concerted effort to keep the lines of communication open between all employees and management through daily interactions as well as social activities scheduled throughout the year. Their facilities and equipment are modern and use state-of-the-art technology. They pay competitive wages based on performance and offer clean and, in some cases, air-conditioned facilities to work in.
- 100% paid employee health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401k Matching
- And more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design complex automation equipment per defined project scope including all control systems and robotics.
- Have knowledge in robotic programming, PLC programming, Robot simulation, and HMI programming, and be able to implement it into robust designs.
- Generate electrical schematics and BOMs in compliance with established company standards and applicable regulatory codes.
- Create and document control system software programs using structured programming techniques, for PLCs, HMIs, PCs, and Robots as necessary.
- Develop approved drawings, programming, and design standards for the department.
- Responsible for reviewing assigned project schedules and providing the necessary effortwork hours to ensure all targets can be made or making a detailed request for assistance to Controls Engineering Manager immediately when it is determined targets cannot be made with your individual effort.
- Test and debug machines and systems.
- Support installation, testing, and debugging of machines and systems at customers’ facilities.
- Responsible for updating all drawings after a job is complete.
- Responsible for writing portions of the machine operation manual, specifically, the Controls and Operation sections.
- Communication with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participate in design and review meetings for assigned projects.
- Provide support for any control system issue or concern with customers.
- Travel for machine installation as required.
- Travel as required for Sales calls or meetings.
- Assist the Applications department with quotations including pricing, write-up, concept drawings, and schedule when requested.
- BS/AS Degree in Engineering discipline and/or relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of Industrial Automation experience
- Experience with various controls platforms (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and others)
- Experience with PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or other drafting software
- Experience with programming robots (ABB, Fanuc, and others)