Atlanta, GA, USA
Having it’s USA headquarters in North Carolina this global packaging machine manufacturer has over 6000 associates at over 30 worldwide locations they design, develop, and produce high-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries. They are a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives, such as FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and AWIM (A World in Motion)
Reasons to work here:
- Career path choices
- Access to training programs and career development
- Company working culture – bottom-up approach, starts with their employees
- Company offers high-tech solutions & excellent customer service which results in repeat business.
- The company and its teams strive for excellence.
SUMMARY: As a Controls Engineer you will design, modify and analyze machine control systems for upgrades and modernizations of packaging equipment machinery. You will interface with customers, applications engineers, mechanical engineering staff, assemblers, and field service technicians.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and designs machine controls for systems using input from customers, field service technicians, technical support staff, assemblers and engineering staff.
- Updates and maintains software design documentation.
- Develops functional and efficient PLC logic using ladder logic, function blocks, and structured text with multiple vendors, primarily Allen Bradley and Beckhoff.
- Modifies or develops functional HMI applications using multiple vendors, primarily Allen Bradley and Beckhoff.
- Develops and maintains bills of material for new and rebuilt equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems identified by customers and field service technicians on existing and new equipment, by both telephone and field visits.
- Assists Purchasing with specifying component needs, quoting, buying of controls, substituting/cross-referencing components, and determining vendors.
- Assists in determining costs and time schedule for electrical portion of projects and meets budgeted costs, timelines, hours, etc.
- Works with customers in providing information for validation and defining the project.
- Actively participates in efforts for the Continuous Improvement of processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Travel up to 25%
- Preference is a BS degree in Engineering, equivalent experience may be considered as well.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in PLC programming, debugging manufacturing equipment, and processes including working with industrial networks, wiring methods, electric code and circuits.
- Experience interfacing with and having knowledge of SCADA
- An Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
- SCADA knowledge and experience interfacing with it
- Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLC programming
- HMI programming, primarily Allen-Bradley
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.
Account Manager (Outside Sales)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Join a flourishing OEM in Los Angeles, offering remote work and unmatched flexibility. You'll have the autonomy to set your own schedule, manage appointments, and drive your career forward in the plastics industry.