Control Systems Engineer
Savage, MN, USA
Enjoy working for a global equipment manufacturing and solutions company in the south metro! This is a great opportunity to grow your career working on state-of-the-art machines and systems that are developed by users for users.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the installation and troubleshooting of manufacturing control systems and production controls software.
- Travel up to 50% the first year and after training will drop down to 20% travel. Need a valid drivers license and passport and able to travel into Canada.
Why work here?
- Solid company with over 50 years in the business
- Great location with a flexible work environment!
- Competitive pay with outstanding benefits!
- Training and tuition reimbursement to grow your career!
- BSEE or equivalent, experience and education will be considered
- At least 8 years of years of experience supporting and troubleshooting PLCs, sensors and relays and working with customers. Primarily supporting existing code.
- At least 3 years’ experience in electronics/electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC equipment, and PLC operation is required.
- Experience with NUM, Sigmatek, Beckhoff or Berneck & Rainer (B&R) PLC systems and Indramat/Rexroth Servo and Siemens motor controls.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; able to manage multiple projects.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled with commissioning, programming, project management, troubleshooting and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides software support to customers.
- Installs, configures, maintains software, and trains users at customer site or through remote service.
- Collaborates with customers installations and when troubleshooting repairs.
- Maintains and services industrial controls systems and related equipment.
- Collaborates with software development and HQ Service Department to prepare installation projects and maintain quality and service of industrial controls systems.
- Configures computers, control terminals, central processing units, servo and frequency drives for customers and assists customers in their installation.
- Work with customers on automation on control software and related issues and helps customers find solutions.
- Maintains documentation of the daily product usage to facilitate day to day issues resolution.
- Troubleshoots machinery and machinery controls by remotely accessing customers’ machines.
- Advises and collaborates with the System Administrator to configure and test the laptops for the Service Technicians.
- Maintains customer machine backups and works the Service Technicians who perform backups from customers’ machines.
- Collaborates with the HQ Service Department in finding solutions to critical issues from customers.
- Coordinates with the Parts Department in finding the parts for customers; advising them for procurement of necessary electrical, control and computer related parts; and shipping the parts to customers over the weekend or late evenings on urgent requests.
- Advises customers and Sales Department about software and control upgrades and implements such as necessary.
- Coordinates with various vendors the repair and delivery of parts to customers.
- Tests control terminals, central processing units, computers and drives as necessary.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.