Control System Engineer III
Remote, RT, USA
Control System Engineer III is needed for a fast-growing Control Systems Integration firm that allows you to work remotely from your home office in NY, NJ, MD, VA, GA, or FL. This role involves designing, developing, and implementing control systems for various industrial processes and applications. You’ll analyze system requirements, design control algorithms, and integrate hardware and software components to ensure optimal system performance.
Locations: NY, NJ, MD, VA, GA, FL (work from home office in these states)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of system requirements, specifications, and performance objectives.
- Design control systems and develop control algorithms based on the identified requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system architectures and integration strategies.
- Develop and implement control strategies using appropriate programming languages and tools.
- Design and configure control hardware, including sensors, actuators, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Create and modify control system schematics, wiring diagrams, and other technical documentation.
- Integrate control systems with existing or new hardware and software components.
- Perform system testing, troubleshooting, and debugging to ensure proper functionality.
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams to develop and execute test plans and procedures.
- Conduct performance analysis and optimization of control systems to enhance efficiency, stability, and reliability.
- Identify and resolve issues related to system performance, response time, and accuracy.
- Utilize data analysis techniques to monitor system performance and recommend improvements.
- Prepare technical documentation, including system specifications, design documents, and user manuals.
- Create reports and presentations to communicate project status, results, and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including electrical engineers, software developers, and project managers.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other engineers and technicians.
- Stay updated with advancements in control system technologies and industry trends.
Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Control System Engineer, preferably with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of control system principles, algorithms, and methodologies.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, MATLAB, or Python.
- Experience with industrial control systems (PLCs, DCS, SCADA) and associated software.
- Familiarity with control system modeling and simulation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Duties are performed in an office environment and workshop, but will also require travel to customer sites/locations to perform analysis, installation, training maintenance, etc. Must be willing to travel approximately 30%; must be willing to work in a variety of manufacturing facilities. Must be able to routinely use standard office equipment which includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged hours consistent with the average workday; to operate a computer and other office equipment, including but not limited to computer, printer, etc. Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders; must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl; must be able to move, transport, position, place, install, remove and/or replace various types of equipment; must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. unassisted.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.