Columbus, OH, USA
This engineering firm has been in business for over 40 years! The key to their longevity and success is due to the depth of their experienced, talented engineers. They have been recognized by Control Engineering as one of the Top Ten System Integrator Giants. Working in one of their 30+ USA facilities you will be part of a highly skilled and talented team of engineers.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Employee owned)
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
As a Controls Engineer you are responsible for controls engineering projects involving PLC/SCADA/HMI programming, electrical and instrumentation, commissioning support, and start-up assistance. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow and eventually lead this engineering group.
- This position requires the Controls Engineer to conceptualize, detail, and implement control systems for industrial processes and machinery that meet our client’s requirements. This involves the development of a control system architecture, selecting the components to be used, detailing schematic diagrams and system documentation, programming controllers (PLC, DCS, RTU), programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data and implementing/commissioning the control system at the client’s facility.
- Knowledge of controller programming languages such as Ladder, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, and others to achieve the desired results is required.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET, and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems is preferred.
- For larger systems, experience with industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation is preferred. The Controls Engineer would design, detail, and implement a variety of fiber, wired and wireless systems using industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, etc.).
- The ideal candidate must have a diverse engineering skillset with the ability to work independently. Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians. Could also act as Project Manager on smaller projects.
- Will work in a variety of industries including lead efforts in hi-tech industries.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
Five or more years with capabilities in the below areas:
- In-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
- In-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as Iconics Genesis64, Wonderware System Platform, GE Cimplicity, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation, and Siemens.
- In-depth understanding of Emerson DeltaV.
- Experience in industries such as Life Sciences, Building Automation, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Semi-Conductor.
- Experience in the design of electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels, and associated NEC references desired.
- Robotics programming experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.