Chicago, IL, USA
$90k - $110k
Sometimes there is no satisfaction like completing a project from concept to commissioning. It’s a responsibility that most controls engineers want but don’t often get the opportunity to own. Here’s your chance. Read on and if you’re interested, apply here!
Electrical Controls Engineer
This company is an industrial control system integrator working with OEM’s and users on their requirements. The purpose of this role will be to provide completely new project execution from system concept through to commissioning and support of existing systems at customers.
This person is expected to be a proficient user of Rockwell (AB) products and software. This position will be responsible for all aspects of project execution and be able to manage time effectively across multiple projects.
- Electrical schematic and hardware design using AutoCAD.
- Work with/support the panel shop activities on panel build projects.
- PLC programming – All Allen-Bradley PLC Products, but other controllers are also required by customers.
- HMI programming –Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View SE, Factory Talk View Me, & PanelView using
- FactoryTalk View ME. Maple Systems and other brands are also required by customers.
- VFD programming and setup. ABB & AB are the principal brands. Advanced understanding is needed.
- Servo and motion control programming.
- Manage personal schedule of responsibilities on multiple projects and communicate with other company team members and customers.
- 10% – 20% travel to local and remote customer sites is required. Travel is mostly project based and can vary based on project timelines.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites to customer’s satisfaction.
- Assist in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of equipment.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy.
Note: The provided salary range is for reference purposes only and will be subject to candidate qualifications, experience, and other relevant factors.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.