Boston, MA, USA
With over 40 successful years in business and having over 35 facilities across the USA this engineering firm has been named on the ENR Top 500 Design Firm list and has continued to climb in rank over the years. In addition, they have been named as a certified integrator by many vendors as they do not focus on just one platform, but their engineers will work with the customer choose the best platform for each application. With over 500 employees nationwide they have become one of the largest and established firms in the United States.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- They offer comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- Profit Sharing/401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
You will be responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving PLC programming, DCS programming, HMI programming, SCADA programming, control panel design, instrumentation specification, engineering documentation support, check-out support and commissioning assistance.
What you will do:
- Conceptualize, detail, and implement control systems for industrial processes and machinery that meet our client’s requirements.
- Develop control system architecture, selecting the components to be used, detailing schematic diagrams and system documentation, programming controllers (PLC, DCS, RTU), programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data and implementing/commissioning the control system at the client’s facility.
- Use your knowledge of controller programming languages such as Ladder, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, and others to achieve the desired results.
- Act as a technical contributor on projects both as part of a collaborative team and independent contributor based on the size/scope of the project.
- May act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians. Could also act as Project Manager on smaller projects.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- Education – A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- Experience – 3+ years with capabilities in the below areas is preferred:
- An in-depth understanding of PLC hardware/software platforms such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Modicon.
- An in-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms such as Iconics Genesis64, Wonderware System Platform, GE Cimplicity, GE iFIX, Rockwell Automation, and Siemens.
- In-depth understanding of DCS hardware/software platforms such as Emerson DeltaV or similar Experience in industries such as Life Sciences, Building Automation, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Mining.
- Experience in the design of electrical schematics, including power distribution under 480VAC, control panels, and associated NEC references desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired
- Familiarity with S88 Batch
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements of the life science industry such as cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
- Familiarity with GAMP5, System and Software Development Life Cycles methodologies, validation
- Knowledge of automation protocols such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP, etc.
- Professional references, preferably one from each of the following: a peer and a manager
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET, and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems.
- For larger systems, experience with industrial networking used to connect control system components and instrumentation experience.
- A diverse engineering skill set with the ability to work independently.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.