Austin, TX, USA
This engineering firm has been in business for over 40 years! The key to their longevity and success is due to the depth of their experienced, talented engineers. They have been recognized by Control Engineering as one of the Top Ten System Integrator Giants. Working in one of their 30+ USA facilities you will be part of a highly skilled and talented team of engineers.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Employee owned)
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
You will be responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control system design, control panel design, PLC programming, instrumentation, check-out support, and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet process system requirements.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Develop Sequence of Operation document detailing control strategies for the process under control. Lead design reviews with customer for review and approval of design documents.
- Work at customer site to perform the system checkout and start-up of the integrated control system.
- Develop the final record system documentation and provide system training to the customer.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients across multiple industries including both manufacturing production lines and data center building automation.
- Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians.
- Will act as Project Manager on smaller projects ranging from $50K to $250K. This includes but not limited to:
- Develops and executes implementation plans for the project.
- Assigns work to meet overall project deadlines.
- Ensures that all project team members clearly understand the scope of W-M responsibilities.
- Develops schedules for W-M and customer requirements.
- Evaluates progress on project and details changes.
- Responsible for all purchasing and subcontractor requirements.
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope.
BS in Engineering Required (Electrical Engineering is preferred).
3+ years of experience in the areas below preferred:
- An in-depth understanding of control systems, components, logic programming, experience with instrumentation, and controls design SCADA (ie. Rockwell, Inductive Automation, AVEVA Wonderware) and PLC systems (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens) required. Experience with DeltaV, AutoCAD, Fanuc, Keyence/Cognex Vision Systems are also desired.
- Experience in Semiconductor, Battery EV / EV, or Data Center automation preferred.
- Strong inter-personnel skills. Ability to communicate and work with team members, subcontractors, and clients.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.