Automation Technician – Manufacturing
Whitewater, WI, USA
Manufacturer of automotive components needs Automation Technicians in the Whitewater, WI area. This is a fully-automated manufacturing facility of automotive components and is temperature-controlled.
Why work here?:
- Stable growing global company with over 60 years in business!
- Fast-paced cutting-edge technology in this fully-automated facility!
- Work with robotics, vision systems, laser systems, and PLC/HMI controls
- Clean, bright, and temperature-controlled working environment
- Competitive compensation and full benefits!
- 2 weeks paid vacation plus paid time off during year-end shut-down(1.5 wks)!
- Much room for growth!
- First Shift – 7am – 3 pm and Flexible 2nd shift hours – 3-11pm or as early as 12pm-8pm
- Minimize Machine Downtime and Maximize Parts per Hour on the Line: Utilize strong automation background and problem-solving skills to debug existing and new equipment.
- Determine root cause of equipment problems and improve process performance: Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, automation, software, and hydraulic systems.
- Collaborate with Engineers to Implement Improvement Ideas for Better Line Performance: Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers to provide feedback on design ideas and solutions for permanent corrective actions for line issues.
- Facilitate Tool and Fixture Purchases: Assist in identifying spare parts or repair parts needed for the assembly lines and creating purchase requisitions for ordering them.
- AS Degree or equivalent Military or Industrial Automation Technology training in Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics
- Experience in an automated industrial manufacturing environment
- Exposure to machine troubleshooting, process control, CAD
- Proficient use of hand tools
- Authorized to work in the United States
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.