Automation Engineer – SCADA/HMI
Peachtree Corners, GA, USA
Work for a growing and successful engineering company out of their headquarters in the north side of the Atlanta, GA area!
Work on interesting projects, develop SCADA applications and control software, perform startups! Travel is rarely on the weekends or holidays, regional and mostly driving a company vehicle.
In this role you will develop application software to meet requirements of project contractual documents while adhering to Project Methodology. Engineers demonstrate both HMI expertise (setting up computer system hardware, networks, configuring SCADA application software, developing custom reports, and providing HMI training) and PLC expertise (developing application monitoring and control software, control testing, and providing PLC training). Also advises Applications Engineers of SCADA configuration methods and HMI/PLC development techniques.
- Minimum 3 years experience in HMI application configuration. HMI Application Engineers must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, networks, and HMI configuration software (Wonderware or Intellution).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical assistance to Application Engineers.
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative for projects.
- (HMI) Application Engineers develop Human-Machine Interface (HMI) application software per the contract documents and System Control Narrative using Third-Party software development packages, such as Wonderware’s InTouch, Rockwell Software’s RSView, and Intellution’s IFIX.
- (HMI) Application Engineers set up the project system servers, workstations, operating system, networks, and peripheral equipment at the job site.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software and verifies their proper execution.
- Interfaces supplied equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- (HMI) Application Engineers develop custom Operational and State Reports per the Owners requirements.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.