Eden Prairie, MN, USA
As an Automation Engineer, you will contribute to the process, manufacturing, and development activities within a state-of-the-art automated Biopharmaceutical/medical device company that has been in business for over twenty-five years. The facility manufactures a substance that is used within connective tissues in Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Aesthetics, and Veterinary Medicine. They are looking for someone with 1+ years of controls experience.
Reasons to work for this Company:
- Two options: Work weekend shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for 12.5 hours daily with a 4-day weekend Monday through Thursday or work 2nd shift Monday through Friday or Monday through Thursday.
- Opportunity to get involved with both Process and Discrete manufacturing (as they process the raw material and then package it)
- Offer a competitive salary
- Great benefits in a state-of-the-art facility!
Summary of role:
To implement automation improvements to manufacturing processes within the facility.
- 0-2 years of experience in automation engineering, preferably with equipment used for medical device or biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Programming experience, preferably Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI.
- Experience troubleshooting automated systems.
Personal and Technical Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot automation control panels for manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the design and procurement of equipment required for new manufacturing processes or to improve existing processes.
- Support experiments to identify solutions for new manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the installation and validation of new manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Implement automation changes to improve existing manufacturing processes.
- Investigate and correct problems involving the manufacturing processes and equipment, which adversely affect the process results.
- Collect and analyze relevant process data to aid in changes that improve the manufacturing process.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality System and Design Control requirements.
- Support engineering projects to meet timelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks associated with standard operating procedures and document understanding of the tasks during training.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and promote a progressive quality culture.
- Successfully attain performance period accountabilities established by the employee and their supervisor.
- Successfully attain budget/business objectives. Comply with the corporate policies and procedures.
- Comply with regulatory and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of automation components, including controllers, operator interfaces, sensors, and motors/drives.
- Ability to read and understand automation electrical wiring schematics.
- Capable of adhering to cGMP including acceptable documentation practices (i.e. SOP’s, maintenance procedures, change control, and technical drawings).
- Planning and prioritizing skills related to long and short-range goals.
- Ability to work proactively with manufacturing and validation departments.
- Capable of compliance to basic regulatory requirements affecting medical device and drug manufacturing, including software validation and design control.
- “Hands On” mechanical aptitude and engineering skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. AutoCAD Electrical skills are desirable.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Senior Electrical Power Engineer
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Join a team of dedicated professionals who excel in electrical construction, mechanical fabrication and installation, engineering, controls, and automation. They stand out as leaders in their respective disciplines, creating a dynamic knowledge base within the team!
Project Manager – Robotics
New Berlin, WI, USA
Join a dynamic group of engineers who leverage their diverse backgrounds to develop and produce automated packaging systems. Be part of a team that believes robust design, collaboration, exceptional customer service, and passion-driven innovation are the cornerstones of success.