Automation Controls Programmer
Saint Paul, MN, USA
Join a Systems Integrator that has been providing water, wastewater, and industrial controls for 50 years. The opportunity for you to advance your career is unlimited with this company. They are an industry leader and have even been awarded the prestigious Allen-Bradley System Integrator Circle of Excellence Award!
As an Automation Controls Programmer, you will provide programming services for PLC and HMI control systems primarily in municipal and industrial water and wastewater.
- Communication network designs, including fiber optic, radio telemetry, broadband, and other associated technologies.
- Your regular tasks will involve writing PLC code, developing HMI graphics, and working with networking and telemetry systems.
- Experience such as using Allen-Bradley Logix PLC platform, PanelView, and Wonderware HMI programming is important.
- Conduct full functional factory acceptance testing.
- Experience with project management, covering initial concept/proposal, design, implementation, testing, start-up, and closeout.
- BS or AS in Automation Technology or related degree or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with programming municipal water treatment plants or large industrial process systems.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of control systems and components.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers, management, and clients.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Travel up to 50% of non-overnight travel within the Twin Cities metro area.
- Travel of 20% overnight in the Midwest.