Automation & Control Specialist
Springfield, VA, USA
An Automation and Control Engineer is needed for a large natural gas and power company. The Automation and Controls Engineer will be responsible for process control systems, communication infrastructure, and information systems to ensure safe and reliable delivery of natural gas by engineering and developing hardware and software automation and control solutions for Gas Control, Operations Dispatch, and field locations, including plants and gate stations.
*** NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL * Great Benefits * 401k and 401 Savings Plans * Growth within the company * Bonuses ***
- Using basic knowledge of process control systems, communication infrastructure, and information systems, collaborates with internal organizations to determine system requirements.
- Develop code for Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) using vendor-specific industrial programming languages to automate Gate Station control and monitoring of flow, pressure, temperature, and odorization of natural gas, as well as Plant; control and monitoring of compressors, boilers, pumps, valves, for peak shaving operations.
- Implement and maintains diverse communication infrastructure to provide remote control and monitoring of Gate Stations and Plant systems across multiple media including Cellular, Radio, and Microwave using various protocols such as UDP, TCP/IP, Modbus, and BSAP.
- Interface with communication vendors and applies knowledge of communication protocols to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Develop code for Human Machine Interface (HMI) using vendor-specific programming languages to provide a graphical interface to the gas delivery system. Administers and develops code for MS SQL/ANSI SQL and vendor-specific data archiving applications for reporting, analysis, historical reference, and compliance.
- Perform start-up operations to determine that system requirements have been met and to ensure the equipment will perform within design parameters.
- Provide technical support and training to operations personnel for all industrial automation systems of the company pipeline.
- Collaborate with ITS, Gas Control, and other departments to ensure system integrity.
- With the assistance of higher-level employees, performs project management functions on projects, including coordinating resources from different departments
- Develop operation and maintenance procedures, programs, and standards including wiring schematics.
- Research new products and performs product evaluation, testing, and recommendations to refine processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Computer Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with industrial control systems. (3 positions available)
- Working knowledge of control systems in natural gas and propane processing, storage, and handling facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of process control and measurement theory and of electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical instrumentation systems is preferred.
- Experience with or training/on-the-job knowledge of the support of multiple technologies, including client-server architecture, relational databases, and networking (WAN, LAN, and Industrial).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Windows 7/10, Cisco IOS, SQL server, BSAP, TCP/IP, C++, and MODBUS preferred.
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint) to share, retrieve, research, and present business information.
- Must be available to serve on-call on a rotating 24-hour a-day, 7-days-a-week schedule.
Candidates must have US Citizenship
Software used: Allen-Bradley PLCs, AB PanelView Plus HMI, Cisco, RUGGEDCOM by Siemens, Nozomi Networks, ClearSCADA/Geo SCADA from Schneider Electric
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Decatur, IL, USA
Become a part of a respected and thriving control systems integrator and engineering firm, offering a diverse range of projects and exciting challenges. Enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits! Work remotely, in a hybrid model, or in-office, as long as you reside within a 3-hour radius of Decatur, IL.