Automation and Control Specialist
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Controls Engineer needed for DFW Control Systems Integrator working in the Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods industries. Design industrial automation and controls projects, all stages of a project working from design and programming through installation and commissioning as well as some service work.
Why work for this company?:
- Smaller company allows for a wider breadth of experience from design, and programming, to installation
- Great benefits include health insurance, 401k matching, bonus!
- Ongoing training provided!
- Low travel – 10% or less!
- Execute full control project lifecycles, working closely with the Engineering team (including design, development, testing, programming, installation, commissioning, and support)
- Estimate project scopes and budgets
- Design projects with an emphasis on overall performance, usability, reliability, and safety
- Utilize and maintain electrical drawings for control systems
- Document onsite progress in detail
- Communicate concisely and effectively with customers and coworkers
- Perform troubleshooting and service work to maintain customer uptime and profitability
- Engage consistently in learning opportunities to hone and expand both technical and soft skills
- Regularly undertake mandatory safety training
- 3+ years experience in industrial automation and control design and programming
- Demonstrated experience programming PLCs and HMIs
- Experience over a variety of Automation and Controls Hardware and Software Platforms including Rockwell Automation Studio 5000, FactoryTalk, and Ignition
- Experience with a variety of Variable Frequency Drives and Servo Amplifiers
- Ability to apply knowledge of known platforms to new technologies
- Aptitude to troubleshoot and work on new systems without prior knowledge or training
- Creativity, flexibility, and analytical skills
- Facility in technical writing and communications, with emphasis on conceptual clarity and readability
- ABET-Accredited degree; however, relevant skills and experience will be considered in place of degree