Account Manager – Instrumentation / Automation
Saint Paul, MN, USA
Our client is a leader in instrumentation, process control, calibration, and metrology. They are seeking an experienced account manager to cover an established territory covering the Twin Cities area. Please apply only if you currently live in the Twin Cities or are trying to move back there.
The Account Manager role will focus on meeting the needs of their clients and customers by utilizing products and services across all business units. This position will be responsible for building long-lasting mutually beneficial relationships with clients that generate increased revenue for the client and the company.
The Account Manager will work independently and is responsible for the sales, service, and promotion of all Instrumentation and Automation product lines in compliance with all company pricing guidelines to achieve maximum gross margin. This position will be responsible for developing existing accounts while generating new accounts. The position requires ongoing communication with customers and suppliers to provide technical support, product information, and pricing updates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development, managing the sales process that includes lead generation, proposal development to closing the sale.
- Negotiate with customers and suppliers to provide solutions that will ensure competitive and profitable proposals.
- Business development within their assigned territory.
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with clients and company stakeholders to build trust.
- Develop accounts by informing customers of the company’s value-added services.
- Provide customers with information on product solutions, pricing, and availability.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively.
- Proactively seek solutions and revenue opportunities to better serve customers.
- Maintain customers in CRM.
- Properly manage clients’ expectations and follow through on commitments.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings as required.
- Assist in training new employees as required.
- Be responsible for quality in all facets of customer relations.
- Provide a proactive, positive working relationship with our principals and vendors.
- Connect with OEM suppliers that provide added value to your customer solutions.
- 5+ years of sales experience to industrial customers including some or all the following industries: oil & gas, chemical & refining, power generation, wastewater, heat treating, biogas and EPCs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering OR other related technical field, or equivalent experience in electrical and control products.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing of instrumentation or automation products.
- 3+ years of experience in strategic account management and development.
- Proven track record of landing new accounts and markets in a direct role.
- Technical proposal development experience.
- Consultative selling skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, confidence, and tenacity.
- Primarily sitting at computer, in the vehicle or in meetings
- Occasional lifting of demo items or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Primarily indoors with occasional extreme temperatures
- Some walking inside of plants and refineries
- Heavy computer and phone usage daily
- Must be able to drive a vehicle for extended travel times.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.